SERVICENOW SENIOR ADMIN / ENGINEER
ServiceNow Senior Admin / Engineer
NR REF.: 1146171
Your new company
Our client is a global, data and evidence-based agency providing insights and actionable recommendations to clients worldwide, who is in the process of building its new ServiceNow team in Warsaw, Poland. An opportunity to join as one of the first team members!
Your next role
We are looking for a highly competent individual to work within the ITSM Solutions team to support the ServiceNow CMDB and Discovery solution. The ServiceNow team is a new function within the organisation, and as a founding member of the team you’ll be essential in helping shape the team’s ways of working and your own role. You will work directly with the customer to resolve and fulfil issues and requests, provide ongoing support and maintenance activities for the platform and have the opportunity to extend development knowledge working with the platform developer.
The role will suit a person with experience supporting a global user base with either experience of the ServiceNow discovery tool or similar product e.g. BMC ADDM.
- Building, rollout and continual improvement of infrastructure and service mapping patterns for both on-prem and cloud hosted configuration items (CIs)
- Working closely with Configuration Manager, Service Owners and SMEs to ensure that accurate service maps are discovered and maintained
- Continuous improvements for the automation and maintenance of non-discoverable data attributes including integration of other asset management systems as required
- Supporting the Configuration Manger in working with various stakeholders and CI data owners to ensure the quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all Configuration Items are up-to-date
- Conducting data quality analysis, providing recommendations to address data quality issues, and managing the implementation of approved recommendations
- Establishing and maintaining discovery schedules
- Proactively planning capacity of ServiceNow MID servers, maintaining and configuring appropriately
- Writing and/or reviewing system specifications, including output requirements, flow charts and technical diagrams
- Responsibility for resolution and fulfilment of all reported customer incidents and requests in line with SLAs and KPIs.
- Troubleshooting all reported incidents and identifying any underlying production defects for the ServiceNow development team to resolve
- Working with the vendor to report and manage to resolution all identified vendor owned issues
- Supporting the development team with testing of new functionality
- Supporting platform upgrade and patching activities.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience in ITOM Configuration Management (CMDB) services in an Enterprise production environment
- Significant ServiceNow Discovery or equivalent tooling experience
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Discovery Fundamentals, Discovery Schedules, experience on configuring Probes Sensors, Log analysis
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Angular JS, Perl or Python)
- Automate administrative operational, CMDB/Discovery tasks, MID Server administration
- Knowledge of Service Mapping and pattern development
- Knowledge of Web Application Servers, Load Balancers, Databases, Server Virtualization.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)/GCP, including leveraging EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, and Cloud formation services in an enterprise production environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server administration, Active Directory, LDAP, Single-Sign-on, authentication, user and group policy objects, and permission levels
- Knowledge of UNIX or Linux Server administration, including user permission levels.
- Must have a solid command of the English language, both verbal and written, for everyday communication
- Being creative in problem solving
What you’ll get in return
- Contract of employment (Full-time, permanent)
- Private medical care, sports card, glasses allowance, consultation with a physiotherapistâ€‹, holiday allowance
- Trainings to raise qualifications; possibility of getting certifications
- No dress-code
- 100% remote work during pandemic (and at least 2 days/week in “better times” to come)
- Brand new office design: friendly workplace thanks to 3 floors with spacious kitchen and chillout area, adapted to the needs of people with disabilities
- Closed parking space for bicycles
- Convenient location close to city centre